In addition to the sources fully digitised for the London Lives project, this website also includes a range of databases created for other projects. Each of these Additional Datasets, created over a 30 year period, was designed with a specific project in mind. As explained in our webpages, these databases are in different formats, and use different conventions and forms of coding. The copyright in this material remains with the original projects.
Many of the databases consist of parish and taxation records, but there are also databases of wills, apprenticed boys, fire insurance policies, clerk's salaries, an urban directory, and the Old Bailey associated records.
- St Botolph Aldgate Parish Registers, 1681-1709 (PAR)
- St Martin's in the Fields Settlement Exams, 1725-1793 (SET)
- St Martin's in the Fields Workhouse Register, 1725-1819 (SWR)
- St Luke's Chelsea Workhouse Registers, 1743-69 and 1782-99 (WHR)
- Poll Tax Assessments, St Botolph Aldgate, 1690-98 (POL)
- Four Shillings in the Pound Aid, 1693/94 (FSP)
- Marriage Duty Assessments for St Botolph Aldgate, 1695 (MDA)
- Westminster Historical Database, 1749-1820 (WHD) (including voting records)
- Income Tax Payments, 1799-1802 (ITP)
- Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills (PCC)
- Boys Recruited into the Marine Society, 1770-1804 (MAR)
- Fire Insurance Policy Registers, 1777- 1786 (FIR)
- British East India Company: Salaries Paid to 'Clerks', 1760-1820 (EIC)
- The London and Westminster Directory, 1774 (DIR)
- Old Bailey Associated Records (ASS)
If you are just getting started you may wish to consult the Research Guides provided.
For further reading on this subject see the London Lives Bibliography.