St Clement Danes Parish:
Minutes of Parish Vestries
CD | MV

13th July 1787 - 6th August 1795

About this document type

Currently Held: Westminster Archives Centre

LL ref: WCCDMV362050334

Image 334 of 3562nd March 1795


Committee that they were Assembled The above Gents
Attended them in the Old Council Chamber Guildhall

when a Specific Plan being Requested

The Committee of City of London came to the following
Resolution

Saturday2d. March 1795

Committee for Prosecuting the Citys Petition to
Parliament for making a commodious West
Entrance into the City of London at Temple Bar
and improving the Passage on Snow Hill

Resolved that the Printed Bill to be presented to the
House of Commons for the above Purposes so far as Respects
the proposed Improvement at Temple Bar be Altered so as
to be confined to the Island of Buildings on the North side
of the Strand between Temple Bar and St. Clements Church
of the Two Islands of Buildings between the Church Yard
and the way or Passage called and known by the name of
the back of St. Clements and of the Buildings not exceeding
100 feet deep on the North side of the Butcher Row and
on the North side of the back of St. Clements from the
End of Shire Lane Temple Bar to the East End of
Wych Street for the purpose of Erecting Buildings in a
Strait Line from the North side of Temple Bar to the
Opening of Wych Street and for taking down and rebuilding
the Church in the Center of the improved way which it is
proposed to inclose with Iron Railing leaving the rest of the
Ground open for the Accommodation of the Public

The Gents of St. Clement Danes Committee Then
Requested that several Clauses might be inserted in the Bill
-but the City Committee fearing there would not be time
to




View as XML